Isabelo Tampinco was a Chinese mestizo artist in the late 18th century known as the “Juan Luna of sculpture”.
Isabelo Tampinco Sculpture Works
Among his prominent works are:
- the facade of the Manila Cathedral,
- high relief on the molave door of Santo Domingo church in Quezon City,
- main altars of Saint William’s Cathedral in Laoag,
- wood carvings of San Agustin in Intramuros, and
- interior of the Old Senate Session Hall of the National Museum and Malacanang’s entablature.
You may want to read: