New Philippine 1000 Peso Bill Security Features
- Polymer Substrate – Feel the smooth surface. The banknote is one continuous sheet with transparent areas.
- Enhanced Value Panel – Tilt the note from left to right, and vice versa, to see the rolling-bar effect.
- Sampaguita Clear Window – Look through the small transparent window depicting the Sampaguita (Jasminum sambac).
- Feel the transparent embossed line structures with the text “BSP” inside the flower on the front face of the note.
- Serial Numbers – Look for two (2) identical serial numbers composed of 2 prefix letters and 7 asymmetric (increasing in size) digits.
- Tactile Dots – Feel the five highly embossed dots intended to assist the elderly and the visually impaired.
- Embossed Prints – Feel the raised ink that is rough to the touch. Front: Philippine Eagle portrait, “REPUBLIKA NG PILIPINAS”, signatures, and the amount in words. Back: Philippine map, South Sea Pearl, “Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park“, T’nalak weave design, denomination, and the amount in words. Feel-Look-Tilt method to check Philippine banknotes. Shadow Thread – Look for the 5-mm vertical band on either side of the note when viewed against the light. The denominational value and “BSP” text appear in repeated series.
- Vertical Clear Window – Look through the large transparent vertical window containing multiple security features.
- Metallic Features – Look at the details of metallic images and symbols in the vertical clear window. Tilt the note to see color changes and dynamic motion. Dynamic Waves. Wavy lines on the front face of the note move when it is tilted back and forth. Republic of the Philippines (RP) Seal and Mirrored Denomination. Both show moving vertical-line effects when the note is tilted back and forth. Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) Logo and 3D Denomination. On the front, the BSP logo and 3D denomination outline display a striking rainbow effect when the note is tilted at different angles. On the back, only the BSP logo is visible.
- Blue Iridescent Figure – Tilt and Look to see the figure that displays varying tones of blue when the note is viewed at different angles.
- Flying Eagle – Feel the transparent embossed outline of a stylized flying eagle.
Portrait of the Philippine Eagle by Mr. Floyd P. Bermejon
You may want to read: