Chinese President Xi Jinping is currently undertaking a state visit to the
Philippines, from 20 to 21 November 2018.
Here are some fast facts on the bilateral relations between the Philippines and
the People’s Republic of China: DFA
- On June 1975, Philippines and People’s Republic of China established formal bilateral relations
- China’s official country name is People’s Republic of China
- China’s present head of state is President Xi Jinping
- China’s present head of government is Premier Li Keqiang
- China’s present ambassador to the Philippines is Ambassador Zhao Jianhua
- Philippines present ambassador to China is Ambassador Jose Santiago Sta.Romana
Major Philippine companies operating in China:
- Liwayway group of companies
- San Miguel Group
- SM Group
- Jollibee Group
- Eton Group
- Universal Robina Corp.
Here are some facts about the Philippines and People’s Republic of China trade relations:
- China is the Philippines largest trading partner
- China is the Philippines the 4th largest export market
- China is the Philippines largest import supplier
At present, there are 276,657 Filipinos in mainland China, Hongkong, and
There are 151,759 Filipinos in Taiwan.
Since 2017, China has moved up to be the Philippines’ 2nd largest tourist
market, next to South Korea.
The Philippines is the biggest source of bananas imported by China.