Here are 8 Facts You Need To Know About The Philippines and Israel:
- The Distance from the Philippines to Israel is 8,979 kilometers.
- The Flight time from Manila to Tel Aviv is 13 hours.
- The Philippines and Israel established relations on August 7, 1957.
- Philippine President Manuel L. Quezon’s open-door policy from 1937 to 1941 opened
the Philippines to Jewish refugees escaping the holocaust in Europe, allocating
10,000 visas to Jews.
- Israel, in 2013, deployed a field hospital in Bogo, Cebu, assisting 2,686 survivors of typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan). The 1st post-Yolanda baby was born here who, as a token of gratitude by her parents, was named ‘Israel”.
- There are 28,301 Filipino migrants in the state of Israel.75% of these are females and 77% of these are caregivers.
- In 2017, There were 17,446 tourist arrivals from Israel.
- In 2017, Total Philippine trade with the state of Israel increased from $189.54 million