President Duterte institutionalizes the Balik Probinsya, Bagong Pag-Asa program.
The state shall ensure balanced regional development and equitable distribution of wealth, resources, and opportunities through policies and programs that boost countryside development and inclusive growth, provide adequate social services and promote full employment, industrialization, and improved quality of life in rural areas.
Creation of the Balik Probinsya, Bagong Pag-Asa council to ensure whole-of-government action on the implementation of the said program.
Executive No.114 Highlights
Empowerment of local industries
Food security and agricultural productivity
Social welfare, health, and employment
Development of infrastructure
A continuing strategy to drive inclusive and balanced urban and rural development, ensure rural prosperity, and complement initiatives towards attaining resilient and sustainable communities.
Provides assistance for efficient voluntary movement of individuals and enterprises from NCR to rural areas such as:
- Transportation and relocation
- Transitory support from existing DSWD and NHA programs
- Livelihood and employment packages
- Agri-based support services
- Educational programs
- Fiscal incentives, transition assistance, fast-tracked processing of permits for
- Identification of existing economic zones, development of MSME-oriented industries
- Livelihood and employment opportunities suitable for rural development
- Strengthening and prioritizing national spatial strategy
- Integration of formal education, improved healthcare services and facilities, maintenance and promotion of peace, order, and security
- Establishment of new special economic zones in Visayas and Mindanao, Including BARMM
- Decentralization of powers and seat of governance
- Legislation on rationalized and results-based tax incentives for agriculture or tourism, and the national land use act
- Creation of new urban centers
You may want to read: