Philippines and the United States of America
The Republic of the Philippines and the United States of America celebrate 75 years of formal diplomatic relations today, July 4, 2021!
The Republic of the Philippines and the United States of America established diplomatic relations on July 4, 1946. “An enduring alliance,…A friendship that would outlast the worst travails.” (Secretary of Foreign Affairs Teodoro L. Locsin Jr.)
Below are some information about the relations between the two countries!
- The 1st Philippine President to visit Chile is Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.
- There are 4,061,561 Filipinos in the US and 300 thousands Americans in the Philippines.
- Philippines-US Mutual Defense Treaty: oldest alliance in Asia.
- The US is the Philippines top source of security and defense assistance. (US$2.25 billion, 2001-2020)
- The US is the Philippines 2nd largest market. (total exports to US is US$9.72 Billion, 2020)
- The US is the Philippines 3rd largest trading partner. (total of US$16.36 Billion trade, 2020)
- The US gave US$27 worth of COVID-19 assistance to the Philippines.
You may want to read: