Dengue Awareness Month
Prevent dengue-carrying mosquitoes from infecting your loved ones by practicing tried and tested prevention measures:
- search and destroy
- seek early consultation
- say yes to fogging
also known as the “4S” method.
Search and Destroy
- Cover water drums and pails
- Replace water in flower vases once a week
- Clean gutters of leaves and debris
- Collect and dispose of all unusable tin cans, jars, bottles, and other items that can collect and hold water
Self Protection Measures
- Wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts
- Use mosquito repellent every day
Seek Early Consultation Consult the doctors immediately if fever persists after 2 days and rashes appear.
Say Yes To Fogging
Say yes to fogging when there is an impending outbreak or a hotspot.
How Do You Know If A Person Is Infected By Dengue? (Dengue Prevention Month)
Here are the signs:
- Sudden onset of high fever which may last from 2 to 7 days
- Joint and muscle pain, pain behind the eyes
- Skin Rashes
- Nose bleeding when fever starts to subside
- Abdominal pain
- Vomiting of blood or coffee-colored matter
- Dark-colored stools
- Difficulty in breathing
Remember that even when you are already infected, you can still combat dengue through early detection and treatment.