What are the Aratiles Health Benefits if Any?
Many Filipinos asked this question because of a 16 years old Filipino scientist discovers a potential diabetes cure in Aratiles.(@gmanews)
Aratiles in English is known as Jamaican Cherry, Calabur Tree or Ornamental Tree. So Aratiles is a tree and not a fruit as many believe.
The fruits of an Aratiles tree are edible and in some cases sold in Philippine markets. It can be eaten as raw or processed as jam and the leaves can be used for making tea.
The health benefits of the Aratiles fruit may include the following:
- It has an antioxidant and anti-diabetic properties
- It will lower blood sugar
- It will prevent cancer
- It will promote cardiovascular health
- It will block or prevent pain caused by gout
- It contains many powerful anti-bacterial properties
- It contains vitamin C that helps fight cold and flu
Aratiles leaves benefits may include the following:
- Tea made of the leaves lowers blood pressure because it contains nitric oxide which relaxes blood vessels thus improving blood flow.
- Drinking tea made of Aratiles leaves works great for getting rid of headaches.
Aratiles Flowers Health Benefits
The flowers boiled for tea are a good antiseptic agent for skin wounds and also works well for treating abdominal cramps.(source)