Lists of DFA acceptable IDs For Passport Application

Please be aware that the list of DFA acceptable IDs for passport applications is not the same as the list of acceptable IDs for banking transactions.

dfa acceptable ids
DFA Logo

Here are the lists of IDs accepted by the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs:

  • Social Security System (SSS)
  • Government Service Insurance System(GSIS)
  • Unified Multi-Purpose Identification (UMID) Card
  • Land Transportation Office (LTO) Driver’s License
  • Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
  • Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) / Integrated Department of Labor and Employment (iDOLE) card
  •  Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Voter’s ID or Voter’s Certificate or Voter’s  Registration Record from COMELEC Head or Regional Office
  •  Philippine National Police (PNP) Firearms License
  • Senior Citizen ID
  • Persons with Disabilities (PWD) ID
  • School ID (for students)
  • Current Valid ePassport (For Renewal of ePassport)

For applicants based overseas, they may use their host government-issued IDs showing their Philippine citizenship. (Example: Residence Card)

Commonly asked questions regarding DFA acceptable IDs:

Is Philhealth ID valid for passport application?
The answer is no.

Is Postal ID valid for passport application?
The answer is no.

Is TIN ID valid for passport application?
The answer is no.

Remember that for purposes of passport application

  • Philhealth ID
  • Postal ID
  • TIN (Tax Identification Number) ID
  • Barangay ID
  • Company ID
  • Police Clearance
  • Barangay Clearance
  • SSS E-1 Form
  • LTO Driver’s License Receipt
  • Paper Format Student Driver’s Permit

is not accepted as a valid ID for passport application purposes.

Please be reminded that the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA may require additional
supporting documents as may be necessary.