Built in 1850, first home of the University of the Philippines (UP) Conservatory of Music in 1916.
Notable residents include Pablo Ocampo, statesman and Resident Commissioner to the United States and Dr. Francisco Santiago,first Filipino musical director of the UP Conservatory of Music (now College of Music).
Santiago, a prolific composer, is sometimes dubbed the “Father of Kundiman”.
The house is relatively well preserved but is closed to the public.
One of Quiapo’s greatest treasures is its collection of heritage houses that date from the 19th and 20th century. Quiapo east of Quezon Avenue was largely spared from the destruction of the Battle of Manila, thus providing a rare glimpse into Manila’s old architecture. Sadly, this treasure is underappreciated and largely endangered due to postwar “development” and lack of state support and regulation which has led to the demolition of many heritage houses and heritage structures in the city.