Today, September 23, we celebrate 16 years of the establishment of formal diplomatic
relations between the Philippines and Tuvalu.
12 Things You Need To Know About The Philippines and Tuvalu
- Tuvalu is formerly known as the Ellice Islands, it is a Polynesian island nation
located in the Pacific Ocean, about midway between Hawaii and Australia.
- The majority of the inhabitants of Tuvalu are protestants.
- It is a former United Kingdom colony.
- English and Tuvaluan are the official languages.
- 96% of the population are Polynesians.
- The flight time from Manila, the Philippines to Tonga, Tuvalu is 8 hours and 37 minutes.
- The flight distance from Manila to Tuvalu is about 4,057 miles or 6,529 kilometers.
- Tuvalu is 4 hours ahead of the Philippines. 2 AM in the Philippines is 6 AM in Tuvalu.
- The Philippines’ value of exports to Tuvalu is 8,674 US dollars in 2010 while the Philippines’ import is none.
- Nationals of Tuvalu are allowed to enter the Philippines without a visa if they stay for thirty (30) days or less provided, they hold valid tickets for their return journey to the port of origin or next port of destination and their passports valid for
a period of at least six (6) months beyond the contemplated period of stay.
- Tuvalu is included in the list of 41 non-compliant countries that have no companies or contractors with international operations hiring overseas Filipino workers, although there are a few deployed OFWs, as indicated by POEA data.
- The deployment of overseas Filipino workers to non-compliant countries without companies and contractors with international operations hiring OFWs is not allowed. (DOLE)
- The Philippine Embassy in Australia has jurisdiction over Tuvalu. The Philippine Embassy in Australia is located at 1 Moonah Place, Yarralumla, Canberra, A.C.T. 2600
P.O. Box 3297, Manuka, A.C.T. 2603 Canberra, AUSTRALIA
Tel. Nos. (+612) 6273-2535/ 2536/ 5718/ 5719/
Fax No. (+612) 6273 3984
Duty Officer: +61-408-735-383
You may want to read: