Today, September 22, we celebrate 58 years of the establishment of formal diplomatic
relations between the Philippines and Chad.
12 Things You Need To Know About Chad
- Chad is a landlocked country in north-central Africa. It is bordered by Libya to the
north, Sudan to the east, the Central African Republic to the south, Cameroon and
Nigeria to the southwest, and Niger to the west. It is the fifth largest country in
Africa and the second-largest in Central Africa in terms of area.
- The official language of Chad is Arabic and French.
- 55.7% of the population is Muslim, while 22.5% is Catholic and a further 17.6% is
- Chad’s population as of 2015 is 13,670,084.
- Chad’s life expectancy at birth is 50.6 (Figures are from the 2006 revision of the
United Nations World Population Prospects report for 2005 to 2010.)
- Nationals of Chad who are traveling to the Philippines for business and tourism
purposes are allowed to enter the Philippines without visas for a stay not exceeding
thirty (30) days, provided they hold valid tickets for their return journey to port of
origin or next port of destination and their passports valid for a period of at least
six (6) months beyond the contemplated period of stay.
- There are 2,010 deployed overseas Filipino workers in Chad in 2002 and 450 in 2005.
- There are no Chadian embassies or consulates in the Philippines.
- The Philippines has no embassy or consulate in Chad. The embassy in Libya has
jurisdiction over Chad.
- The Distance from the Philippines to Chad is 10,977 km.
- The time difference between the Philippines and Chad is 7 hours. 8PM in Chad is 3AM in the Philippines.Philippines is 7 hours ahead of Chad.
- The Approximate flight duration time for a non-stop flight from Manila, Philippines to Ndjamena, Chad is 14 hrs, 41 minutes.