Today, September 14, we celebrate 17 years of the establishment of formal diplomatic
relations between the Philippines and Angola.
Here are some facts you need to know about the Philippines and Angola:
- The Capital of Angola is Luanda.
- Most Angolans are Christian.
- The Flight hour from Manila to Luanda is 22 hours and 30 minutes.
- The Currency of Angola is Kwanza.
- Angola is the 22nd largest country in the world by area.
- Being a former Portuguese colony, Angolans speak Portuguese.
- Angola’s population according to the 2014 census is 25,789,024.
- There are 6,255 deployed land based Filipino workers in Angola in 2010.(PSO)
- The Philippines total value of exports to Angola is $404,258 while the Philippines
imports only $1,119 in the year 2009 and 2010.(PSO)
- The Philippines consulate in Angola is located Rua Rainha Ginga, 190 Cx. Postal 10013
Tel. No. (+244-222) 638 398
Duty Officer No.: (+1-917) 208-6258
Fax No. (+244-222) 637 000
MR. ETIENNE ALBERT BRECHET is the Consul General, a.h.