Philippines and Jordan Bilateral Relation
President Rodrigo Duterte just concluded his historic visit to Jordan. He met
King Abdullah II Al-Hussein, the head of state of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
The Philippines and Jordan established relations on March 1, 1976.
King Hussein Bin Talal and Queen Alia of Jordan visited the Philippines in March 1976.
Elnora Agulto is the Filipina Private Secretary of Queen Alia, who also joined King
Hussein’s 1976 trip to the Philippines.
42 years later, on September 5, 2018, President Rodrigo Duterte returns the visit
of King Hussein to the Philippines as the first sitting Philippine President to
undertake an official visit to Jordan.
Here are some facts you need to know about the Philippines and Jordan bilateral
- There are 40,010 Overseas Filipinos in Jordan.95% are female and 77% are household
- The Top 3 professions of Filipinos in Jordan are household service workers,hotel,
restaurants, and Salon workers, and laborers.
- Statistics show that in 2016, OFW’s remittance from Jordan is $51,462.
- The distance from Philippines to Jordan is 8,857 kilometers
- The travel time from Manila to Amman is 14 hours and 25 minutes.
- The total Philippine trade with Jordan in 2017 is $13.76 million.
During this historic visit of President Duterte, he agreed to deepen military
cooperation with the Middle Eastern nation to fight extremism.
He wrapped up his official visit to Jordan on Friday, a day earlier than scheduled,
bringing home $60.675 million in Jordanian investments.