Sec Mar Roxas of DILG courts Liberal Party members and allies
headed by President Benigno Aquino for the 2016 Presidential
- The Philippine Presidential Election is held every 6 years.
- Unless otherwise provided by law, the regular election for President
and Vice-President shall be held on the second Monday of May.
- Under the Philippine Constitution, A person running for the position
of President or Vice-President must have the following qualifications:1. Natural-born citizen of the Philippines
2. A registered voter
3. Able to read and write
4. At least forty years of age on the day of the election
5. A resident of the Philippines for at least ten years immediately
preceding such election.
- The Term of Office of the winning President shall begin on the noonof June 30 next following the day of election.
The Incumbent President Noynoy Aquino highlighted the achievements
of Sec Mar Roxas and how he can continue the road to a straight
path of governance.
President Aquino is not aware of the gatherings but when he
learned of it, he decided to stay.
Secretary Mar Roxas and President Aquino sit beside Governor
Vilma Santos of Batangas and Naga City Congresswoman Leny Robredo.
Governor Vilma Santos and Congresswoman Leny Robredo are being
considered as a viable Vice-Presidential running mate of Sec Mar
Sec Mar Roxas is trying to win the support of the league of Governors
and the League of Mayors to increase his chance of winning the
Philippine Presidency in the year 2016.