What law protects women’s rights in the Philippines?
Laws Concerning Women
There are several laws in place for the protection and advancement of the rights of women and their children.
Among the most important are the following:
- RA 6949: National Women’s Day
- RA 7877: Anti-Sexual Harassment Act of 1995
- RA 8353: Anti-Rape Law of 1997
- RA 8505: Rape Victim Assistance & Protection Act of 1998
- RA 9262: Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2003
- RA 9208: Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003
- RA 9710: Magna Carta of Women
- RA 10354: The Responsible Parenthood and Reproductive Health Act of 2012
- RA 11313: Safe Spaces Act
You may want to read: