Anini-y Church or the Parish Church of San Juan Nepomuceno
The third church off our Visita Iglesia list is The Anini-y Church or the Parish Church of San Juan Nepomuceno is found in Anini-y, Antique.
It is the third church to be built and the oldest one still standing today. The first church was built in the 1630s by Augustinian friars and was made from cut coral stones. A second church, the present structure, was built in 1845 and completed in 1879.
The present structure is a white coral baroque-style church, with a three-story bell tower annexed to it. In the 1900s, the church was used by both the Aglipaya church and later a British religious congregation, the Mill Hill Fathers took over the Anini-y Church. The Mill Hill Fathers were responsible for maintaining the structure despite calamities and destruction brought about by the Second World War.
The National Museum declared the Parish Church of San Juan Nepomuceno a National Historical Treasure.
You may want to read: