When there is a threat or an impending danger, you must leave your homes and
evacuate to a safer place. Be prepared and grab the opportunity to escape.
Make sure your family has an emergency preparedness bag or GO BAG.
The Philippine Office of Civil Defense and the National Disaster Risk Reduction
and Management Council (NDRRMC) remind us of these 3 Important guides:
- The emergency preparedness bag or go bag items should be checked and replenished
every 3 months.
- The Go Bag should be stored properly where it can be easily accessed in case of
an emergency like flood, earthquake and typhoon.
- Coordinate with leaders on community evacuation plan. Decide with the family
on where to meet in case there is a need to evacuate.
What are the contents of an emergency preparedness bag or Go Bag?
The Bag must contain important items needed by the family to survive. It must include
- Important document in waterproof container.
- Flashlight,candles,matches and whistle.
- Radio with fresh and extra batteries.
- First aid kit with remedies for fever,LBM,minor wounds and pain and
- Spare cash including coins.
- Items for special needs of young and older members of the family, including
persons with disabilities.
- Easy to serve,ready to eat food enough for 3 days.
- Drinking water in sealed containers enough for 3 days.
- Mobile phones, power-banks and chargers.
- Clothing,raincoat,boots and sanitary supplies.
- Sleeping bags or mats and blankets.
- Ropes,old newspaper and ecobags made of strong materials.
You can keep in touch with the Philippine Office of Civil Defense by dropping an
email at email@example.com