Join the HIMIG AT WIKA: AGOS NG BUHAY Translation Contest!
Can you translate using these Filipino Languages – Cebuano, Ilocano, Hiligaynon/llonggo, Bicolano, Waray, Kapampangan, and Pangasinan?
Himig At Wika: Agos ng Buhay Translation Contest – Terms and Conditions
1. Contestants must agree to the terms and conditions of the Agos ng Buhay Translation Contest. By joining this contest, participants irrevocably grant DENR all rights to the entries, including the right to reproduce, publish, exhibit, perform, and use the entries in any manner or format for promotions and IEC in any and all forms of media worldwide in perpetuity, and without compensation or consideration, and without additional consent from the participants or from any third party. DENR, however, shall acknowledge the name of the contestant/participant when reproducing, performing, publishing, broadcasting, and using the entries.
2. There will be one (1) winner selected per Filipino Major Language: Cebuano, Ilocano, Hiligaynon/Ilonggo, Bicolano, Waray, Kapampangan, and Pangasinan. Their Agos Ng Buhay Translation and name/s will be shared on the DENR BMB Facebook Page and will receive a prize from the BMB. Winners shall be notified either thru mobile notification and/or e-mail. Please take note that the prize is non-transferable.
3. The panel of judges is composed of the Biodiversity Management Bureau Director, Biodiversity Management Bureau Assistant Director, Representative from the Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino (KWF), Regional Executive Director (RED) or Regional Representative, and the BMB Communication, Education and Public Awareness (CEPA) Representative which will select the winner/s after a thorough screening and pre-selection of entries. The decision of the board of judges will be final and binding. DENR reserves the right to modify the mechanics and contest rules. Violation of any above-stated rules and/or non-compliance of the same shall be grounds for automatic disqualification.
4. Names of the winners will be posted on the BMB Facebook Page “DENR
Criteria for Judging
- Clarity: 10%
- Creativity: 15%
- Singability: 25%
- Accuracy and Translation: 50%
The sole winner per language will receive Php 15,000 (taxable), and two (2) consolation prizes per language entry will receive Php 5,000.00 (taxable) each.
The contest entry period will start on August 10, 2021, and will end on September 3, 2021, at 11:59 PM (Philippine Standard Time)
Who can join?
The Agos ng Buhay Translation Contest is open to Filipinos residing in the Philippines who are 18 years old and above. All genders are encouraged to participate in the contest. DENR employees and/or their immediate family member/s are not qualified to join.
You may want to read: