Trillanes’ take on How to prevent the volatility of oil prices? Medium to Long-term:
- Compel oil companies to increase their reserve capacity to at least one year.
- Provide subsidies to the public transport sector.
- Encourage work-from-home or 4-day work week schemes in both the private and public sectors whenever applicable.
- Employ other fuel-saving measures to reduce aggregate demand.
- So, next time apologists tell you that the government is helpless in dealing with the prices of oil, you could give them this list.
You may want to read: