For those saying Trillanes did nothing in the Senate, Please read…Link
September 3, 2015
Trillanes remains the most productive Senator
Senator Antonio “Sonny” F. Trillanes IV maintains his standing as the top-performing legislator in the country. This is based on the number of bills, resolutions, and committee reports he has filed and sponsored that have been enacted into law.
For both the past and present congresses, his record has been consistent as having the most number of national bills passed into law. In the 15th Congress, he was instrumental in the passing of 17 national bills; while in the 16th Congress, he has principally authored 4 national bills already passed into law, with another 10 bills passed on 3rd reading as of August 2015.
Some of Trillanes’ notable bills which were enacted into law include
- AFP Modernization Law;
- Increase in the Subsistence Allowance of Uniformed Personnel;
- Salary Standardization Law 3;
- Increase in the Burial Assistance to Veterans;
- Archipelagic Baselines Law;
- Universal Healthcare Law;
- Immediate Release of Retirement Benefits of Government Employees;
- PAG-IBIG Fund Law; Magna Carta for Disabled Persons;
- Expanded Senior Citizens Act; and Anti-Bullying Act.
Notwithstanding these accomplishments, Trillanes is also active in conducting and participating in hearings investigating corruption cases and anomalies in the government. Since the beginning of his senatorial stint, Trillanes has filed a total of 1,077 bills and resolutions, 52 of which have been passed into law.
You may want to read: