Proposed Philippine National Budget for FY 2023
The proposed national budget for FY 2023 amounts to Php 5.268 trillion which is higher than this year’s budget (Php 5.024 trillion) by 4.9 percent and equivalent to 22.2 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
As the first full-year budget of the Marcos Jr. Administration, this will fund programs and projects that will transform the country’s economy towards inclusivity and sustainability.
Some of the proposed 2021 Philippine National Budget
- National Integrated Cancer Control Act (DOH) – Php 620 million
- Mental Health Act (DOH, DSWD) – Php 434.5 million
- Free Internet Access in Public Places Act (DICT) – Php 3.225 billion
- Increased teaching supplies allowance (DepEd) – Php 1.365 billion
- National ID System (PSA) – Php 4.32 billion
- Judges-at-large Act and Judicial Marshall Service (Judiciary) – Php 295 million
- Philippine Innovation Act (NEDA) – Php 200 million
- Philippine Space Agency – Php 313.7 million
- National Commission of Senior Citizens – Php 25 million
- National Academy of Sports (BCDA) – Php 729 million | (DepEd) – Php 264.6 million
- Tulong Trabaho Act (TESDA) – Php 1.021 billion
Apart from the action against COVID-19, the Php 4.5 trillion Philippine national budget for 2021 also includes funding for some laws or proposed laws, according to Sen. Sonny Angara.
You may want to read: