Philippines and Portugal
The Republic of the Philippines and the Portuguese Republic celebrate 75 years of formal diplomatic relations today, July 4!
The Philippines and Portugal established diplomatic relations on July 4, 1946. The Philippines and Portugal have agreements on tourism, culture, investments, social security, and diplomatic training.
Below are some information about the relations between the two countries!
- Gabriel Mauricio Teixeira, Portuguese governor of Macau, attended the inauguration of the Philippine Republic in 1946.
- There are 1,726 Filipinos in Portugal (2020 data).
- There are 8,113 Portuguese tourists arrivals in the Philippines (2019).
- The Philippines and Portugal’s total trade is US$37.5 million (2020).
- The Philippines exports to Portugal is US$27.63 million.
- OFW remittances in 2020 is US$4.75 million.
- The Philippines is 12,228 kilometers away from Portugal.
You may want to read: