Teacher Education Council Act (Senate Bill No. 1887)
This bill aims at pushing for reforms that will strengthen the Teacher Education Council and the National Educators Academy of the Philippines to raise the quality of our teachers’ skills.
- Increase the membership of the teacher education council
- Institutionalize the National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP) as an attached agency of the Department of Education
- Ensure coherence and continuity between pre-service and in-service education
- Guarantee that professional standards for teachers and school leaders are applied fairly
- Undertake extensive research directed at the teacher and school leader quality.
You may want to read: