As most of Intramuros sites and museums will open tomorrow August 21, come to
Intramuros and avail of the half the price promo of Bambike Ecotours.
Bamboo bike rentals in Intramuros cost P100 for 1 hour.
Bambike ecotour on the other hand cost as follows:
- Intramuros Experience – P1,200 for 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Back to School Promo – P600 for 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Express Tour – P600 for 1 hour
- Intramuros Experience Night Edition – P1,200 for 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Intramuros Experience Sunset Tour – P1,200 for 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Makati Poblacion Neighborhood Tour – P1,200 for 1 hour and 30 minutes
- High Street (BGC) Art Tour – P1,200 for 1 hour and 30 minutes
Bambike is a bike made of bamboo. Most of the frame is made out of bamboo. The lugs
(or joints) of the Bambike are made of abaca fiber and resin. The component interfaces,
or connection points, are made out of aircraft-grade aluminum.
Bambike, the company is a socio-ecological enterprise based in the Philippines
that hand-makes bamboo bicycles with fair-trade labor and sustainable building practices.
This company is proud of its products which guarantee that only select species of
bamboo is used which are at least as strong as steel in tensile strength and have
higher strength-to-weight ratios.
The bamboo bike frames have been tested for durability, crash worthiness and stiffness.
They are certified to the toughest standards.
The all-terrain frames are certified to the EN 14766:2005 and EN 14781:2005 clause 4.8.
EN 14781 is the toughest standard for road bicycles, and comprises a total of four
test clauses for bicycle frames: two impact tests and two fatigue tests involving
100,000 test cycles.