DFA Isabela Now Open For Business.
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) May 16, 2018, opens its consular office in Santiago City in the province of Isabela.
Residents of Ilagan, Cauayan, and nearby places can now make an appointment for passport application and passport renewal in this new DFA office.
The DFA Isabela consular office is located at the third (3rd) level of Robinsons Place in the City of Santiago.
But be aware of the DFA’s advisory on appointment slots.
In its advisory, the DFA said that appointment slots are made available from time to time. It is recommended that you regularly visit the DFA website to check the available slots.
The heavy volume of applications may cause the appointment system to experience technical issues.
But rest assured, that the DFA is doing its best to make the passport processing system faster, easier, and more convenient for everyone.
Now that DFA Isabela is open for business, let’s talk a little about the new act or law extending the validity of Philippine passports.
Be aware of the following rules on Philippine passports.
- Regular passports issued to Filipinos 18 years of age or older at the time of application shall be valid for 10 years.
- Regular passports issued to Filipinos under 18 years of age at the time of application shall be valid for 5 years.
- New passports with an appropriate period of validity shall be issued to those applying for the first time and to those applying for replacement or renewal. The damaged expired or expiring passports shall be presented to the DFA for cancellation.
- The DFA may limit the period of validity of passports to less than 10 years whenever the economic interest or political stability of the country requires such restriction.
Furthermore, No Appointment Is Needed For The Following:
- OFW with sufficient proof of status such as idole card, valid employment
contract (authenticated by POEA) and work visa.
- Senior Citizen with Senior Citizen ID
- Person with disability (PWD) with PWD ID or visible disability
- Solo Parent with solo parent ID
- Pregnant women with medical certificate
- Minors 7 years old and below
The above persons may avail of the OFW lane or Priority Lane at DFA Aseana or at any DFA satellite office or Regional Consular Office such as DFA Isabela to apply for your passport.
You may want to read: