Public Reminder About Financial Scams
The Filipino public is hereby reminded by the government to be aware of and avoid being scammed by unscrupulous persons or syndicates.
Government guidance against investment and insurance scams in the Philippines
Inquire from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) or the Insurance Commission (IC)
If the company or person is licensed
If the products are registered
If the agent is authorized to sell
- Study and understand the product before investing
- Keep the investment transaction document
- The greater the promise of profit, the greater the risk of losses
If you have a question or complaint
1. If your question or complaint involves the bank, call BSP at (02) 708-7087.
2. If your question or complaint involves Deposit Insurance, call PDIC at
- (02) 841-4630, Metro Manila
- (02) 841-4631, Metro Manila
- 1-800-1-888-PDIC, Toll-Free Number, Outside Metro Manila
- 1-800-1-888-7342, Toll-Free Number, Outside Metro Manila
3. If your question or complaint involves insurance companies, call the Insurance Commission at (02) 404-1758
4. If your question or complaints involve other companies, call SEC at (02) 584-0921 local 240.
Protect your money. Be aware and Be alert, do not be a victim of insurance and financial investment scams.