How well do you know the history of the National Museum of the Philippines?
- The Philippine National Museum was completed in 1921.
- It used to be the old legislative building in Manila.
- The National Museum of the Philippines was designed by Ralph Harrington Doane and Antonio Toledo.
- The museum was heavily damaged and rebuilt after World War II.
- The legislative building was closed during the martial law and later revived as the National Museum’s art gallery.
- In 2019, the National Museum was renamed “National Museum of the Philippines” in accordance with Republic Act No.11333.
You may want to read: