The Prices of Vegetables and Fish went up due to typhoon “Ineng”. Price Hike in vegetables even increased by P70 pesos in the market.
Landslides in Northern Luzon such as in Baguio City made it difficult for delivery trucks to reach Metro Manila.
The average prices of some vegetables in Mega Q-Mart in Quezon City are as follows:
- Repolyo/Cabbage – P70 per kilo before, Now P140
- Carrots – P90 per kilo before, Now P130
- Potato – P60 per kilo before, now P70
- Broccoli – P80 per kilo before, Now P180
- CauliFlower – P150 per kilo before, Now P200
- Sayote/Christophine – P60 per kilo before, Now P80
Vegetable Sellers said that they do not order a lot of supplies when the prices are up since a sudden drop in prices will make them no profit.
Prices of Vegetables are not the only one that went up. Prices of some common fish like “matambaka” went up to P120 pesos. It uses to be sold at P100 per kilo.
Prices of Fish and Prices of Vegetables went up but the prices of meat like chicken, beef, and pork stayed the same.
Prices of meat in Mega Q-Mart stayed the same at
- P210 per kilo for “Liempo”
- P190 per kilo for “Kasim, Pige, Porkchop”
- P180 per kilo for “Pata”
You may want to read: