The Simborio is located in Barangay Tuktukan, Taguig City.
Undersized adobe stonewalls were cemented together with lime, egg white, and clay to form the dome-shaped construction of the Simborio at the Roman Catholic Cemetery of Taguig City. It was constructed by two hundred Taguig polistas under the supervision of Spanish friars around the year 1700 through polo y servicio or forced labour.
An underground passage beneath the Simborio was claimed to be connected to the altar of St. Anne Parish Church, according to legend.
During the American colonial and Japanese occupation periods, the tunnel was also used as an escape route or a shelter for soldiers and residents.
The site was closed to the public during the martial law period in December 1972 due to an excavation project, which included the back portion of St. Anne church, where the altar is located. The two (2) platoons of Philippine Army men who spearheaded the digging at the site, which lasted until February 1973, were looking for gold and other riches.
For security reasons, the tunnel had already been covered with concrete.