The Philippine Army Officer Candidate Course is one of the ways of becoming an officer in the Philippine Army.
There are generally 3 ways of becoming a Philippine Army Officer.
1. PMA – Philippine Military Academy
2. ROTC – Reserve Officer Training Course
3. OCC – Officer Candidate Course
For those who are interested to become a Philippine Army Officer through the Officer Candidate Course, the following are the basic qualifications:
1. Must be a Filipino Citizen
2. Must have a degree in any 4 or 5-year course
3. Must be at least 5 feet in height
4. Must be 21 to 29 years old.
The Basic Requirements are the Following:
1. NSO Birth Certificate
2. Transcript of Records and College Diploma
3. Valid ID
Once admitted as an officer candidate course student, you may expect a monthly salary of 33,725 pesos.
Once you graduate, you will be given the rank of 2nd lieutenant and you may expect a monthly salary of 38,145 pesos.
Oftentimes, Filipinos are not aware of the ongoing recruitment unless they have a relative in the military who knows of the ongoing recruitment.
The only reliable way to know if recruitment is ongoing is to call or visit the nearest military camp in your area.
You may want to read: Philippine Marine Corps