The President of the Philippines named Oscar Albayalde as the new PNP Chief.
How well do you know him aside from the fact that he is presently the Chief of the National Capital Region (NCR) and was executive officer of the Directorate for Plans in Camp Crame and Pampanga’s provincial police chief before that.
8 Facts You Need To Know About The New PNP Chief Oscar Albayalde.
1. He is a Kapampangan. He was born in San Fernando City, Pampanga on November 8, 1963.
Oscar Albayalde, the new PNP Chief is a recipient of the prestigious Most Outstanding Kapampangan Award (MOKA), the only director in the PNP recognized by the provincial government for its contribution to the province in fields of Law Enforcement.
2. He loves to ride big bikes like the Philippine President
3. He is smart. He is a member of the Philippine Military Academy “Sinagtala” Class of 1986.
He graduated Top 7 and was awarded Cum Laude of his class.
He earned more academic distinctions than anyone in his class as he was also a Dean, Academics and Superintendent lists.
4. He is well educated.
He has a Master’s degree in Public Administration. He obtained his master’s degree in 1996.
5. Upon graduating from the Philippine Military Academy in 1986, he chose to serve in the then Philippine Constabulary. He served mostly in Central Luzon.
7. He is a ‘doer” and strict disciplinarian kind of leader.
Albayalde’s tack was unprecedented in the PNP, that no less than the PNP-Internal Affairs Service has decided to duplicate his night visits.
For the first time, the NCRPO, under Albayalde, has not only met its yearly
accomplishments, but even surpassed them.
Last year the NCRPO managed to pull down crimes against persons by 13.87 percent and crime against properties by 20.58 percent
The crime clearance efficiency (CCE) also increased by 4.27 percent.
During his tenure as NCRPO Chief, the The NCRPO’S “8-Focused Crimes” also decreased.
These crimes includes, carnapping, cattle rustling, murder, physical injury, homicide, theft, robbery, and rape.
8. He is a great public servant and received various awards and commendations.
Among his awards are the following:
– 22 Medalya ng Kasanayan
– 13 Medalya ng Kagalingan
– 3 Medalya ng Kadakilaan (PNP Heroism Medal)
– 2 Medalya ng Papuri with 1st Silver Sampaguita Cluster
– 2 Medalya ng Pagtulong sa Nasalanta
– Gold Cross Medal
– PNP Outstanding Achievement Award (Medalya ng Natatanging Gawa)
– Medalya ng Paglilingkod with Silver Service Star
– Military Merit Medal
– Military Commendation Medal
– Medalya ng Kasanayan w/1st Bronze Sampaguita Cluster
– Medalya ng Kasanayan w/ 3rd Bronze Sampaguita Cluster
– Medalya ng Papuri w/ 2nd Bronze Sampaguita Cluster
– Medalya ng Papuri w/3rd Bronze Sampaguita Cluster
– Medalya ng Papuri w/ 4th Bronze Sampaguita Cluster
– Medalya ng Mabuting Asal
– Medalya ng Mabuting Asal 1st and 2nd Bronze Anahaw Leaf
– Medalya ng Ugnayang Pampulisya
– Luzon Campaign Medal w/ Bronze Service Star
– Visayas Campaign Medal
– Anti- Dissidence Campaign Medal Ribbon
Based on the above traits, qualifications and accomplishments of the new PNP Chief, the Philippine National Police as an organization is in good hands.