Jose Felipe del Pan Marker
The National Historical Commission of the Philippines unveiled the historical markers of “JOSE FELIPE DEL PAN” and “AYUNTAMIENTO” with the Bureau of the Treasury this morning.
NHCP Chairman Dr. Rene R. Escalante and OIC-Executive Director Carminda R. Arevalo represented the Commission in the simple but meaningful double unveiling.
The marker for Jose Felipe Del Pan was installed at the Palacio del Gobernador in Intramuros, Manila as part of the celebration of his 200th birth anniversary on 26 May. Born in 1821, Del Pan is recognized for his work in pioneering Philippine Studies.
The marker for the Ayuntamiento across Plaza Roma recognizes its long history. The first Ayuntamiento building on the site was built from 1735 to 1738. Its second iteration hosted various agencies such as the city government of Manila, the American civil government, the Philippine Assembly, and the Supreme Court. It was rebuilt from 2010 to 2012 and how hosts the Bureau of Treasury.
Learn more about Del Pan through this article: https://nhcp.gov.ph/recognizing-jose-felipe-del-pan-champion-of-nascent-philippine-studies-on-his-200th-birth-anniversary/
You may want to read: