Pursuant to Executive Order No.26 and Republic Act No.9211, The following areas and places are smoke-free zones.
- School, Colleges, and Universities
- Centers for Youth Activities (playground and other recreational facilities for minors)
- Health Center, Clinic, Private and Public Hospitals
- Food Preparation Areas
- Fire Hazard (gas station)
- Elevators and Stairwells
- Airport and Ship Terminals
- Train and Bus Station
The Philippines Department of Health encourages everyone to report violations to the local smoke-free task force.
Remember that smoking in public places such as those cited above carries a penalty of fine of not less than Php500 but not more than Php1,000. The second and succeeding violations carry a bigger fine.
Call the DOH Quitline to help you quit smoking. The numbers to dial are the following
- 165-364 for Metro Manila
- 0921-0203-9534 for Smart/TNT/Sun
- 0977-6277539 for Globe and Touch Mobile